Unfortunately for Prague, with communism being gone and freedom of speech is new and cool the graffiti was horrific in Prague. It took a lot away from this beautiful city. I wasn't that impressed with Prague, but now looking back at the photos I think I need to give this city another chance. Maybe one day I will get back and see it. It had been built up to me so much that I guess I was expecting so much more. But as you can see it is quite beautiful.
The Charles Bridge - we walked to the other side and had a Subway sandwich and a Coke. Just a little taste of home.
The main square of Prague. Does Disneyland come to mind here? This is part of our 38 touring friends.
The famous Astrological clock - the crowds are massive on the hour. Great pick pocketing area.
The symbols means "death is coming" - nice thought! So I have to hurry and see more - death is coming.
12 noon - look at the crowd!
Beautiful clock!
A gargoyle on a church - scares me so!
The guards uniforms were designed by the same costume designer from the movie Amadeus.
Kudos to our guide - he had just been diagnosed with MS and he did an amazing job getting around this cobble stoned town on Prague. He was full of information. We all worried about him getting around. He was very independent. Europe is not a very comfortable city if you have a serious walking handicap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment