The Mirabell Garden where parts of the Sound of Music were filmed, such as the "Do, Ri, Me" song was sung by the children and Maria.

Salzburg views

Even McDonald's signs have to fit into the city square.

I sang with my high school choir and orchestra Mozart's Requiem. This was showing the night we arrived, but I wasn't quite familiar enough with the city to find my way back to our hotel by myself or I would have stayed. I bought the CD instead. I remember the words pretty well and it is all in Latin.

Hey, I can do that! Touch my nose with my tongue.

This is Hellbrun Castle - a very twisted Archbishop owned this and had dinners here. It was a water park. It was great as we got the park all to ourselves - about 15 of us. The guide would switch something and you could be pretty wet. He was kind to us. See the benches below? The arch bishop would have the ladies and gentlemen sit there and then he would give a nod and water would squirt up and they couldn't get up and leave, afterall he was the arch bishop.

Kayleen's birthday party.

Salzburg site

Kayleen's birthday - I sang "you are 58 going on 59" as we "danced" around the Sound of Music gazebo. We were crazy girls.
How many CDs did Vicki buy, anyone want to guess? Oh and 2 DVDs.

Amazing pianist and he pulls that grand piano out to play in Salzburg. He signed my CD- his name is Daniel Stenway and he plays a Steinway. Here are some more muscians. I didn't buy the water glass CD (he didn't have one out).

A contrabass and bailaka group were fantastic. Loved all the street musicians.

Hohensalzburg Fortress


Mozart's birth place and a wonderful museum now.

Dinner with some of our friends -
No comments:
Post a Comment