Thursday, November 1, 2012

2012 Gratitude Journal~

November 1st -
1. I am grateful that I have joined a gym and am now learning so much about eating healthier and how to do exercise correctly. Grateful for my trainer.
2. I am grateful that Misty and her family live close so that I can enjoy watching some grandchildren grow up.
3. So very thankful that I am still so in love with my sweet husband after 30 years of marriage! What a guy!
4. Grateful for our neighbors, Bob and MaeJane for the kindness they showed us.
5. Grateful for meeting new friends in our ward and getting more comfortable with these women. I love them all so deerly!

November 2nd -
1. Grateful that I have given up Pepsi and I am already seeing the reward in my body by losing an inch and a half off my waist.
2. Grateful for my safe travels this past weekend going to San Diego - had two cars cut me off coming home and I was protected by being aware.
3. Grateful for Allen putting up with my wild hair ideas and going along with me. He has just done a lot of work on making our patio look nicer - I love it and I love him!
4. So grateful to see Brittiany and Rylee and their new home! So happy for them.
5. Grateful for a break in my routine today and to just hang out in a Marriott room and watch a movie and rest.

November 3rd -
1. Grateful for Misty and her family coming down to San Diego to do the Color Run with me. What a fun event! Misty's friend, Chellese Bunker came with them and we all had a great time.
2. Grateful that I was not tempted to stop and buy a Pepsi on either long drive.
3. Thankful for the friends that were at the Color Run and their friendships!
4. Grateful that I am getting things organized for Thanksgiving to make it easier on Allen and I.
5. Grateful for my new patio set! So gorgeous!

November 4th -
1. Grateful that I am being organized and getting things ready for family coming home.
2. Grateful that I am not sore today from the 5K walk yesterday!
3. Grateful for church today!
4. Grateful that all my family is healthy and happy!
5. Grateful for the reminder to do this gratitude journal.

November 5th -Today I am grateful for -
1.  My good health and hopefully able to fight off the beginnings of a cold.
2.  That I can afford to travel to see my kids and grandkids and be part of their lives.
3,  Grateful children.
4.  Friends at church and their sweet testimonies.
5.  My new visiting teaching companion, Christin Morgan - what an amazing woman she is!

November 6th - Thankful today for -
1.  That I took the time to stop and take care of a cold that was coming on and go to bed to rest.  I feel much better today.  No sore throat.  This seems to work for me most of the time.  I am thankful I listen to my body.
2.  Beautiful flowers and nature.  Planting flowers in my backyard and just so grateful for the beauty of this earth.  Grateful that my parents taught me this.  I love nature.
3.  That Allen is golfing today and enjoying the game so much.
4.  That I am going to work for my one hour of work at the Manhattan Beach Marriott.  By working this one hour (or so) my family keeps the travel benefit with Marriott.  So grateful that this hotel allows me to continue to do this.  All the kids and grandkids use this benefit and it is a great one.
5.  That Steve is coming down tomorrow to help Allen fix the wood on our deck.  It will be great to see Steve and I am grateful that he is taking the time to help his Dad.

November 7th - So grateful for the following:
1.  Brunch and shopping with Misty- yes, I said shopping!  We both were like, "What?  Us shopping and together - this is a first!"  Great to be able to have a conversation and catch up with each other without the kids demanding our attention.  Don't get me wrong, love those mini Mistys dearly, but glad to have Misty all to myself.
2.  For Steve coming down to help his Dad (I know I posted this yesterday but he is here now.)
4.  That the election is over and the mail and the phone calls will stop - yipes!!!
5.  Knitting class tonight and getting together with friends.


November 8th-Today's list could be very full, but here are the highlights:
1. Thankful that Steve washed my very high windows for me - they were disqusting and they look fabulous now.
2.  New recipe of potato leek soup from Brittiany.  We had received some vegetables from a co-op and there were leeks in the box.  I have never used leeks in my life (I have taken a few, however tee hee).  So I was looking for a recipe but everything had half and half or full cream.  No thanks.  Her recipe was with 2% milk and was so easy to follow.  It is on the stove now.  I will make homemade rolls to go along with it!  Yum!
3.  It is raining (a little) and it makes me want to stay in the kitchen and cook.  Allen and Steve are out on the golf course for their second round today!  I love that they took that opportunity to do this.
4.  Got all my quilting guild materials for tonight's meeting all packed in my car before the rain hit.
5.  Have several projects packed to take to Mark's to do while I am there.  Just hope I have the energy after watching the kids to be able to do at least a couple of them.  Christmas cards, Emma's gift, knitting, etc.

November 9th -  Grateful that -
1.  I took opportunites yesterday to serve some friends!  One was fun (Karen Westover) taught her how to make a self binding baby blanket. The other was sad (Kayleen Leone) picked her up from the airport last night and helped get her to her dying Mother, Pat Blank.
2.  Grateful for my sisters and what they went through with my Mother's death.  I know it was a very difficult time for both of them.
3.  Grateful that I pressed forward this morning, even though I felt dizzy, and went to my work out with Kei (my trainer).
4.  I had a 90 minute massage reward for plugging along without Pepsi and for sticking to my workout schedule of 3 times a week for an hour!  Yeah me!
5.  Grateful to have Rob and Steve in the house for the day together.  Fun to watch them interact with each other.  I can only imagine what they were like as little boys!  Such teases (hmm, wonder where they get that from? - Their Mother?  I don't think so!)

November 10th -
1.  Grateful for a fabulous teacher at the quilt workshop today!  Natalie Barnes, very out there with what to do with fabric!  Fun class.
2.  Grateful for the sweet prayer last night said by Piper at dinner.
3.  Grateful that I had some one on one time with Steve and got to visit with him, Rob and Misty- 3 out of 6 kids - always fun to have them together.
4.  Grateful that I packed for Austin about 2 weeks ago, because I am too tired to do it now.  Yeah for me!
5.  Grateful that I am physically able and maybe mentally able to go watch Mark and Kristen's kids for nine nights while they enjoy some time together in ARUBA!

November 11th-
1.  Right now I am grateful for Misty helping me get back into my blog.
2. I flew today to Austin to watch Mark and Kristen's 3 kids for 9 nights.  grateful for a safe flight.
3.  Glad the kids were excited to see me, we will see how excited they will be to see me leave.
4.  Grateful that Mark and Kristen trust me with these precious kids.
5.  Grateful for microphone on iPad.

November 12th-
1. Hadley said the blessing on the food all by herself today for the first time today.  so sweet. b The boys were so proud of her and can't wait to tell their mom and dad
2.   kids were awesome today
3.  Love to listen to Hadley's  Expressions,   When she found her squirt gun she said "it's my dream come true."  Then she said "come to papa."
4. Kristen  Made a job chart for the kids and they have been following it
5.  Kids able to talk to the parents on face time

November 13th-
1.  Grateful that I brought my iPad to Texas
2.  Hadley woke up at 3:45 in the morning played with my iPad then got up at and had a diaper change then yogurt and back to sleep till eight.
3. Grateful for a couple of hours of sleep
4.  Boys gave me no trouble getting ready for school today, so thankful.
5.  Thankful for the Wii game

November 14th-
1.  Grateful that I got a workout in this morning while Hadley watched a show.
2.  Sticking to my diet plan.
3.  Still no Pepsi - I am quite proud of myself.
4.  Playdate for Hadley today with her friend, Emme!

November 15th -
1.  Cute play at Cooper's school.  Grateful that I went an saw the play in the morning as Kristen wanted me to video tape it, well her camera was full.  Saw it in the evening and was able to video tape it on my camera.
2.  Hadley had a nap today.
3.  Finished my Christmas cards - addressed, stamped and signed.
4.  Finished a baby blanket.
5.  Drinking lots of water and getting used to drinking it.

November 16th -
1.  Let the kids play after school at their school playground.  Took some toys that I bought for them and played with them.
2.  No homework this weekend - yeah!
3.  Emme came over to play with Hadley and then Andrea came to pick her up and had her boys so they played with Cooper and Porter!  Glad to have some energy spent.
4.  Wii played by the boys and they had such a great time together.
5.  Kids stayed up until 9 and no fighting.

November 17th -
1.  Hadley got sick with projectile vomiting and I have no idea why.  She was sick all night - 7 changes of pajamas.  Cooper was so helpful!  Had put a blanket down on the carpet for the kids to have popcorn.  Guess where the vomiting took place - on the blanket!  Thank heavens.  That would have been a horrible mess to clean up.  Just tossed it all in the washer.
2.  Grateful for Kristen's friends that called and asked what they could do to help.  Andrea got a friend, Megan to run me some Pedia lyte over.  Of course Hadley didn't touch it. 
3.  So grateful for the sisters in Relief Society!
4.  Grateful for email so I could inform Mark and Kristen that Hadley was sick.  I hated to spoil their vacation however.
5.  Sleep - grateful for sleep!

November 18th -
1.  Didn't go to church today as Hadley had a slight fever and was not eating.  The boys stayed home as well.  They are not allowed to play Wii on Sunday.  However, they decided to play Legos and they have a ton of Legos!  Every piece came out and the floor was covered with toys.  I am grateful that I had the patience to just let them play and focus on taking care of Hadley.  She slept on the couch for a couple of hours and I snooze along with her.  The boys were amazingly good!
2.  Hadley did not throw up today!
3.  They boys did not get what she had!
4.  Grateful that I did not get what she had!
5.  Nap for Hadley and then she slept all night with no illness.

November 19th -
1.  Facebook time with Mark so he could see Hadley in the morning.
2.  Facebook time later in the evening with Mark and Kristen to see that Hadley had gotten up and was playing with the boys!  Yeah!  Actually that happened on Sunday (both calls)
3.  Going to the market with Hadley!  I asked her what she wanted to have and she asked for "a pink donut 'cause Grandma Dody loves donuts!"  I was so touched!  If she had asked for a maple bar I would have broken down and cried.
4.  Grateful that the grandkids know about Grandma Dody and think of her.
5.  Cooper, Porter and Hadley singing "A your Adorable!"  One of Mom's favorite songs.

November 20th-
1.  Mark and Kristen got home safely!  So grateful for that.
2.  I got home safely.
3.  Steve is back at our house and he has been keeping Allen company and helping around the house.  He is so thoughtful~
4.  Made cranberry conserve and made some for our neighbors.
5.  Beds made and ready for family to arrive tomorrow.

November 21st -
1.  Went to the gym and had my butt kicked by Kei, my trainer!  Felt good to get back tot he gym!
2.  Made Virginia Fudge and fudge and I am now sitting down and relaxing!  Yeah!
3.  Taught a Vietnamese woman how to knit today while I had a manicure/pedicure - she was so thankful!  I am glad that I like to share my knowledge.
4.  Talked to a friend today about our Japan trip in the Spring - grateful that they want to go with us!
5.  Still Pepsi free!

November 22nd -
1.  Happy Thanksgiving!  We have 33 people coming for dinner!  We have 5 out of 6 children home.  We have lots of grandkids and great grandkids coming home as well.
2.  We have made food assignments and that means that Allen won't be in the kitchen all day and me neither!
3.  Grateful for family!
4.  Grateful for family!
5.  Grateful for family!  I just love them all and so excited to have them home together!



No comments: