Monday, November 15, 2010

Giving thanks!

Apparently my blog is having technical difficulties with me blogging so much, therefore I will try to continue my gratitude post here. I can't get to where I started my gratitude posting, so let me first of all correct one error. Sean is now enlisted in the Air Force. Sorry, I had typed "not" enlisted. Sorry about that Sean! Love ya!

November 16th - Rob and Louisa's birthdays!
1. Grateful to have Rob as our son! It is so much fun to have D & D (dinner and dominos) with he and Kathe.
2. Thankful for our little artistic Louisa who turned 12 today! She is a very talented artist and a funny kid! She makes us laugh! We are so thrilled that she is part of our family. Can't wait to see her next week.
3. Grateful for good friends at work who support me and actually like me (I think!)
4. Grateful for my job and the ability I have to take time off to do the things I like to do and want to do. What a great job!
5. Grateful for my passion to serve others. It helps so much in the hospitality industry. It is sad to see the trait going away in a lot of young people now. Thankful that my parents have made this part of my life.

November 15-Misty's birthday
1. Mostly grateful for Misty today! Very happy to have her and her family home and I love that we get to do things together, like lunch at my hotel today. I love her sense of humor and her open spirit. I know she misses her friends in Cleveland very much, but we are so happy she is home. Happy Birthday skooks!
2. Got to see Caleb and Rylee tonight for a few minutes. Took Brittiany the quilt I made Rylee - unfortunately Brit wasn't home.
3. Got some errands ran that I have been putting off for the hotel. Christmas shopping for needy families.
4. Made homemade posole and Allen bought tortillas - yummy!
5. Finishing up some UFOs - Unfinished objects!

November 14 -
1. Grateful for a safe journey home from Austin.
2. Grateful that I beat the big rush at the security gate at the airport - whew, it was bad and I only got to my gate 1/2 before boarding.
3. Thankful that I have a friend at the LAX Marriott that lets me park for free so I just park and take the shuttle to the airport and then pick up my car at the hotel. So nice, so nice.
4. Beautiful California weather - warm, but not hot!
5. A 4 hour nap - awesome!!!!

November 13th -
1. Happy to be able to go to a kid's movie with my kids and grandkids.
2. Yummy food at Rudy's!!!!
3. Playing tag with grandkids and making them giggle and squeal!
4. Having an early Christmas to see their faces light up when they receive something that they really, really wanted - thanks Mark and Kristen for letting me do that.
5. Playing cards with Mark and Kristen - even though the killed me all the games, but the last hand. Lots of fun! Miss playing cards!
November 12th -Austin gratitude post - I am grateful for~
1. Mark, the father of this adorable Austin family! Thanks Mark for picking me up from the airport and immediately (it seemed) driving me right back! Mostly I am very grateful for your expertise in driving us out of an accident on Saturday! We were watched after at that moment and I am very grateful! Cooper saying "he thought his heart was going explode" or something to that effect is exactly my sentiments, so thank you Heavenly Father and Mark!
2. Kristen, the mom, what a wonderful daughter-in-law you are (even though you didn't let me win in cards until the last night, last game and last hand, but who is bitter, who?) Thanks for letting me enjoy an early Christmas with the boys - I loved it!
3. So grateful for that cute little 6 year old - cuddly Cooper! I am so thankful that he still loves to cuddle with me and even asks if he can cuddle! Can we keep that going for several more years, please?
4. Porter - challenging me yet again in a game of Candy Land and whomping me severly! I just love the little chatter that goes on along with the game! What a sweetheart he is!
5. Miss Hadley - I was very thankful that she wasn't all grown up and getting ready to go to school! She is such a tiny thing and so adorable. I was thankful to hear her little "da" moment and to see her taking some of her first steps. I also loved the fashion show she put on for us! What an adorable family you have down there in Austin! We miss you all and we are very grateful for all y'all!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Those are a lot of fantastic things to be thankful for. Glad to be on your list of thanful things. You are definately on ours too! Come again soon - we love to have you here!